OUT OF STOCK
Desert Rose Mix
Sub family: Apocynoideae
Characteristics: Deciduous shrub 1 m spread 1m
Seeds per packet: 15
Adenium is a genus of succulents with swollen trunks and stems and flowers that are among the most spectacular of all succulents often borne in masses over a long season.
Native to North East Africa.
Adaptable to most soils as long as it is well-draining, although it will take full sun it prefers a protected shaded position receiving only filtered sunlight
Although seed can be sown most of the year in Australia seed is generally best sown in spring or autumn, avoid the coldest and hottest months of the year. The optimum germination temperature for germination is around 18-24°C
- Soak in tepid water overnight.
- Sow seed on a porous seed raising mix and cover to a depth of 1-2mm
- Place in a warm shaded or semi shaded position to avoid dying out.
- The growing medium should be well draining but should remain damp between watering. Keep moist but not too wet as the seed may rot. Do not let the growing mix completely dry out.
- Germination should occur in 10-28 days depending on the temperature and conditions.
General note: Seeds of many natives are dormant and require specific conditions or pre-treatment for germination.
Do not be too hasty to discard seed that does not germinate, seeds will often lay dormant until the conditions are similar to their natural requirements for germination to occur. Containers put to one side will often surprise long after they were discarded.