Stock: 300 Available
Characteristics: Tree to 40 m spread 6 m
Seeds per packet: 10
A large tree with an erect sturdy stem and spreading crown. Attractive dark green large pinnate leaves with 4-11 leaflets each 10 cm long.
Small yellow flowers occurring in clusters followed by attractive seed pods divided into five segments. Bird attracting.
Prefers a light to heavy soil in an open sunny position, drought and frost tender.
Native to Queensland and New South Wales.
Although seed can be sown most of the year in Australia seed is generally best sown in spring or autumn, avoid the coldest and hottest months of the year. The optimum germination temperature for germination is around 20-24°C
- Soak seed overnight in water.
- Sow seed on surface of a porous seed raising mix and lightly cover. Do not bury seed deeply.
- Water with fine mist spray to avoid disturbance of the seed.
- Place in a warm shaded or semi shaded position to avoid dying out.
- Keep warm & moist, avoid drying out or waterlogging the growing mix.
- Germination generally occurs in around 14-28 days in the right conditions.
General note: Seeds of many natives are dormant and require specific conditions or pre-treatment for germination.
Do not be too hasty to discard seed that does not germinate, seeds will often lay dormant until the conditions are similar to their natural requirements for germination to occur. Containers put to one side will often surprise long after they were discarded.